Intermediate Lighting Workshop
For the most current list of classes being offered, please check the sidebar.
Intermediate Lighting continues from the curriculum and itinerary presented in our Introductory Lighting workshops. The workshop presumes knowledge of basic camera functions, along with a moderate degree of experience in studio photography, and presents more complex applications of studio lighting.
The day’s shooting sets will incorporate a variety of wardrobe, hair, and makeup looks, props, and shooting backdrops. The focus will be on crafting lighting and refining compositions for polished images.
- Review of basic camera functions applicable to studio photography.
- Traditional and fine-art approaches to lighting.
- Crafting highlights and shadows with multiple-light setups; fine tuning through use of light modifiers..
- Lighting control and isolation for both model and set/shooting environment.
- Inclusion of set and prop elements with a focus action-oriented themes.
- Shooting and post-production tricks to bring out the beauty of the tattooed model.
Promotional model releases will be available for all participants for non-commercial use of images shot during the workshop.
For more information, contact Adam Chilson Photography via e-mail.