Apr 30, 2011
NOTE: This class is completed, but if you’d like to be notified be notified of future classes, please contact Adam Chilson Photography.
This class will explore lighting styles where shadow is every bit as important as light. From using shadow to establish mood, to creating entire scenes painting with light and shadow. Learn how subtle changes from light to dark can be used for dramatic effect. Shadow stirs the imagination.
* How to modify and direct light for crisp edges and shadow lines
* Combining hard light with soft light
* Real time study of light and shadow with the featured models
* Shoot nudes and implied using artistic shadow casting
* Use items around the house to create shapes, patterns, and forms
* Crafting illusions simply with shadow
* Create movie style effects with materials from the local hardware store
Workshop Itinerary (approximate times)
10:00 – 11:00 am — Arrival of attendees; meet & greet with instructor, and model; portfolio/sample image review
11:00 am – 12:00 pm — Study of light behavior, light modifiers, and and test shots with the model.
12:00 – 2:00 pm — Shooting shadowcasting artistic nudes with the model. Creating mood and scenes for completed images. Individual shooting opportunities for participants
2:00 – 3:00 pm — Lunch (provided for participants) and introductions with second model.
3:00 – 4:00 pm — Creating a “Set” out of light and shadow and test shots with model.
4:00 – 6:30 pm — In depth creation of a stunning image set. Individual shooting opportunities for participants
6:30 – 7:00 pm — Equipment pack-up, final discussion, and signing of promotional model releases
For information about private bookings, please contact Adam Chilson Photography.